In this episode, we explore Sheboygan’s bevy of options for dining, hiking, exploring, surfing, even checking out new arts and outdoor play activities – not mention great events – as fall and winter beckonPage-level ads from Google
Sheboygan offers so much to explore and experience all year, and fall and winter ramp things up even more. In this episode of the State Trunk Tour Podcast, host Eric Paulsen talks with Shelly Harms from Visit Sheboygan to discuss not only the city’s legendary surfing scene – which heats up when the weather cools down – but also:
- The burgeoning culinary and food market scene in the city, especially along 8th Street in the heart of downtown and in the Harbor District, plus Food Truck Mondays in the city’s Vollrath Park
- Seasonal activities both along Lake Michigan and inland parks, which take advantage of interconnected trail systems offering a variety of recreational activities from walking sand dunes at Kohler-Andrae to snowshoeing Maywood and witnessing winter holiday lights.
- Stops on the Sheboygan portion of the Lake Michigan Circle Tour, including Deland Park and the remnants of the Lottie Cooper, an 1896 shipwreck partially rebuilt on land which you can walk through
- Fun fall and winter events throughout the city, including on Sheboygan’s City Green, at 8th Street Ale Haus for Oktoberfest, and the
- New features, including the remarkable John Michael Kohler Art Preserve on the city’s west side (you HAVE to check out the restroom art) and the brand new Purple Octopus, an accessible children’s playground open all year connected right to the Above & Beyond Children’s Museum downtown.
- Along with all the new, checking in on some of our favorites including 3 Sheeps Brewing.
Highways 23, 28, and 42 bring you right into Sheboygan for all the fun – everything is anywhere from seconds to about 10 minutes off I-43!
You’ll find the Visit Sheboygan Visitors Center on 8th Street in Sheboygan, right by the Sheboygan River between the heart of downtown and the Harbor District off Indiana Avenue. They have all kinds of great information and a friendly staff that will help you maximize your experience. You’ll be impressed with what this city of 50,000 has to offer (and we didn’t even have a chance to get into the legendary golf courses on this podcast – but you should know about those already!)
Embed code: https://widget.spreaker.com/player?episode_id=51191816&theme=light&playlist=false&playlist-continuous=false&chapters-image=true&episode_image_position=right&hide-logo=false&hide-likes=false&hide-comments=false&hide-sharing=false&hide-download=false
Embed Code: https://www.iheart.com/podcast/960-state-trunk-tour-29246442/episode/28-sheboygan-surfing-eating-and-101847568/?embed=true
(no embed code)