In the “Jump Rope Capital of the World,” Bloomer, Wisconsin was skipping for another reason not too long ago: their hometown Bloomer Brewing Company expanded into new space in 2020 on the north side of this pleasant city of 3,500 residents. Bloomer Brewing fired up in 2013 in the former space of the original Bloomer Brewery, which operated in the town from 1875 until 1947. That brewery went through numerous name and ownership changes over the years, but the flagship Bloomer Beer was a mainstay in the community.
Today’s Bloomer Brewing Company boasts an airy Tap Room and plenty of brewing space. They have room for live music, events, and offer an outdoor patio when the weather permits. You can enjoy any of their beers along with hot pizzas and snacks to accompany them.
Bloomer Brewing’s beers include:
- Bloomer Lager, their own signature cold-conditioned Blonde Lager
- Cow Bell Cream Ale
- Bloomer Town Brown, a Nut Brown Ale
- Butch Light, a “light” version of their Bloomer Lager
- Stache Trail Session Ale, a Session-Style IPA
- Back Porch, a Lemon-Raspberry Ale
- Seasonal: Blue Hills Beast, a Blonde Pilsner with a “kick:
- Seasonal: Hog Breath, a smokey style beer with a hint of maple and bacon
- Seasonal: Early Frost, a Winter Lager with a hint of nutmeg
- Seasonal: Winter Bock, a dark Brown Bock, brewed with local maple syrup
- Seasonal: 715 Summer Ale, taking Bloomer’s area code and using it to name a Light Summer Ale, brewed with orange zest
- Seasonal: Oktoberfest, a malty cold-conditioned Lager
- Seasonal: Kin-Key Lime Pie, a tart Sour with key lime pie flavor
- Seasonal: S’more Beer, a Dark Lager designed to go from malty to sweet
- Seasonal: Fa-La-La Lager, an Amber Lager with hints of chocolate and peppermint
- Seasonal: Stolty’s A-Horizon Stout
- Seasonal: Weathered Brick, a Wheat beer
- Seasonal/Limited: Missing Digit, a Wet Hop Brew. Very limited, they brew this beer when they can get the hops that day from the 29 Finger Hop Yard in Gilman, east of Bloomer along Highway 64
- Seasonal/Limited: Barrel-Aged Rut Bock, a Winter Bock aged for one year in Woodford Reserve Bourbon barrels
This list is accurate as of Feb. 2021, of course it’s subject to change!
The flight holder is pretty cool too. It holds 4 5-oz. samples.
You can find Bloomer Brewing Company in Bloomer, just a block off Highway 40 and County SS (the original U.S. 53), less than a mile south of Highway 64. You can access it from the U.S. 53 freeway by following Highway 40 (Exit #110) north through town, or Highway 64 (Exit #112) east and then south on Highway 40 to SS to Martin.
Bloomer Brewing Company Address: