Ahnapee is a trail, a river, Algoma’s original name… and a brewery that now has two locations. Ahnapee Brewery has roots in Algoma and maintains a tap room there, but the new facility marries larger production capacity with larger space for enjoying those productions in Suamico, just north of Green Bay.
The newer space, which opened in August 2020, combines brewing capacity with a Tap Room and event space right along I-41 & U.S. 141. Ahnapee Brewery has 16 beers to offer, from taps and flights to bottled six-packs to go.
Ahnapee’s flagship beers include:
- Little Soldier, an American Amber Ale
- Two Stall, a rich Chocolate Milk Stout that has won numerous awards
- Hail Mary Helles, a Helles Lager that won at the Great American Beer Festival
- Cherry Mechanic, a gluten-free Cherry Ale
Seasonal beers at Ahnapee Brewery include:
- Rocky Green, a spruce tip IPA (yes, you taste the spruce)
- Tart & Stormy, a Sour Brown Ale
- Raspberry Spritzbier, a dry Raspberry Ale
- Bru Cruiser, a dry-hopped Session Lager
- Blueberry Smoothie, a Blueberry Ale with some serious texture
- Bavarian Dunkel, a Dark German Lager
- Cafe Blonde, a coffee-infused Blonde Ale
During our visit, special beers included:
- PB Hobo, a remarkable Peanut Butter Imperial Stout that won a Gold medal at the US Beer Open Championships (mix with Raspberry Spritzbier for a PB&J beer!)
- Loam Rider, a Double IPA
- Dead Horse Bay, a Whiskey Old Fashion-inspired Ale
- 7 Year Itch, a Session Nitro Porter
Ahnapee Brewery also offers sodas, from Pepsi products to two root beers: Baumeister and Uncle Mike’s Maple Root Beer, which is made with Bourbon barrel-aged maple syrup. They’ll even serve bottled water if you want.
Ahnapee’s Brewery and Suamico Tap Room is easily accessible right off the US 41/US 141 freeway at County M/Lineville Road (Exit #173), which is also the northern end of Interstate 41. It’s at the northeast quadrant of the interchange.
Suamico Tap Room Hours (may vary due to COVID-19):
Monday – Thursday 3pm – 10pm
Friday – Saturday Noon – 11pm
Sunday Noon – 8pm
Ahnapee’s original, cozier Tap Room, which has roots dating back to the 1860s in its native Algoma, remains on Navarro Street right next to Von Stiehl Winery, just blocks east of Highway 42 and northeast of the eastern end of Highway 54 at Lake Michigan.
Antigo Tap Room Hours (may vary due to COVID-19):
Monday – Thursday Noon – 7pm
Friday – Saturday Noon – 10pm
Sunday Noon – 6pm