You can vote for your favorite curds to make their “10 Best” list
Wisconsin is known for many things, but cheese is definitely among the top topics. And lately, Wisconsin cheese curds have been gaining popularity in other areas of the country – especially when they’re fried!
On the State Trunk Tour, we travel roads all over Wisconsin and check out great places, including restaurants, taverns, cheese factories, food trucks, and other places that create taste bud heaven. Especially when fried, Wisconsin cheese curds rank among the most delicious dishes you can enjoy… and they’re done up all kinds of ways.
Some places beer-batter their cheese curds; some use panko breading, some customize how the curds are coated. They use different oils, different spices, different styles of cheese. Cheddar is most popular, although we’re big fans of Muenster, too!
USA Today‘s “10 Best” is looking for the best Wisconsin cheese curds, and since you’re looking at StateTrunkTour.com, we’re pretty sure you have an opinion!
Nominees right now include:
- Carlson’s Rustic Ridge in Friendship (Hwy 13)
- Chuck’s Dyckesville Bowl in Luxemburg (Hwy 54)
- Craftsman Table & Tap in Middleton (US 12/14)
- Crawfish Junction in Johnson Creek (I-94, Hwy 26, Historic Hwy 30)
- Curd Girl (Food Truck based in Madison)
- Del-Bar in Wisconsin Dells (I-90/94, US 12, Hwys 13, 16, 23)
- Eddie Whipp’s Dining Hall in Green Bay (I-41, I-43, US 141, Hwys 29, 32, 54, 57, 172)
- Field to Fork in Sheboygan (I-43, Hwys 23, 28, 42)
- Grumpy Troll Brew Pub in Mount Horeb (US 18/151, Hwys 78, 92)
- Horse & Plow in Kohler (I-43, Hwys 23, 28)
- Kristi’s Restaurant in New Glarus (Hwys 39, 69)
- Lakefront Brewery in Milwaukee (I-43, I-94, I-794, US 18, Hwys 32, 38, 57, 59, 145, 190)
- Late’s BBQ in Manitowoc (I-43, US 10, US 151, Hwy 42)
- Main Street Taps in Stevens Point (I-39, US 10, US 51, Hwy 66)
- Old Fashioned in Madison (I-39/90/94, US 12, 14, 18, 151, Hwys 30, 113)
- Pioneer Keg in Theresa (Hwys 28, 175)
- Ruby Owl Tap Room in Oshkosh (I-41, US 45, Hwys 21, 44, 76, 91)
- Sconni’s Alehouse & Eatery in Schofield (US 51, Hwy 29)
- Stone Arch Brewpub in Appleton (I-41, US 10, Hwys 15, 47, 96, 125)
- Tipsy Cow in Sun Prairie (US 151, Hwy 19, also a Madison location)
You can vote for your favorite of these HERE.
BUT – where are YOUR favorite fried Wisconsin cheese curds? We want to know! Let us know in the comments or on our Facebook page – we’re gonna try every last place we can!