Ice Castles Lake Geneva« Back to Events
Ice Castles Wisconsinis back in Lake Geneva mid-January, 2021
Lake Geneva is beautiful and fun enough already, but with the Ice Castles coming again after such a crazy 2020, this winter it gets even better!
Seven days a week from roughly Friday, January 15th (tickets go on sale Monday, January 20th) through mid-March (weather permitting), the massive ice castles compound can be explored and enjoyed by the whole family. The artistic project got underway in November, one of several projects in North America by Ice Castles LLC, a Utah-based company with similar projects in Colorado, New Hampshire, and Utah. One of the most unique and amazing facts about the Ice Castles is that they are literally built by hand. They grow more than 5,000 icicles each day that they harvest and sculpt together.
These Ice Castles create life-size winter playgrounds, with illuminated inside the castles at night with color-changing LED lights that twinkle to music. You can explore ice-carved tunnels, fountains, slides, frozen thrones, and towering ice formations. This is truly something to dazzle the entire family.
This mega-complex of ice will be at the Geneva National Resort and Club, just west of downtown Lake Geneva off Highway 50, a little east of Highway 67. How long will it last? Depends on the weather, of course, but they’ll keep it open into March if they can. You can keep up with the construction of Ice Castles and weather conditions, which will be continuously updated, on their website. You can also get their COVID-19 precaution policies.
Tickets will be on sale shortly. Admission prices are:
$18.99 Adults 12 & older
$12.99 Children ages 4-11
Children under 4 are FREE
$22.99 Adults 12 & older
$18.99 Children ages 4-11
Children under 4 are FREE
Be prepared to hit U.S. 12 or Highways 50, 67, or 120 to get to Lake Geneva and experience Ice Castles Wisconsin and the magic of the winter season!
Ice Castles Lake Geneva Address:
Geneva National Resort & Club
1091 Hidden Cottage Circle
Lake Geneva, WI 53147
Pulled from their website, here are some “Tips for a great experience” to Ice Castles Lake Geneva:
- Wear Boots! The walking surface inside Ice Castles is made of crushed ice. Walking in boots is definitely best.
- Buy Tickets Before You Arrive! When you buy a ticket, you buy an arrival time. They ask that you arrive within your 30-minute time window. Once you are inside Ice Castles you can stay as long as you’d like.
- You can save some trees when you buy your tickets online; they’ll send you an email with a unique QR code, so there’s no need to print your tickets. They scan the code right from your phone.
- Photos are encouraged (and they want to see them! #icecastles) but they ask that you please leave photography equipment such as tripods and lights at home.
- Sleds are great, and they highly recommend bringing a small sled to pull children instead of a stroller. It is extremely difficult to push a stroller through Ice Castles – think of it like trying to push a stroller on a sandy beach)
Find out more about Lake Geneva HERE.