Bayfield Apple Festival« Back to Events
The Bayfield Apple Festival is hailed as one of the 10 Best Fall Harvest Festivals in the nation by USA Today! Bayfield celebrates its Apple Festival every October (except 2020), and in 2021 it will take place October 1st through the 3rd.
The three day event features a farm market featuring local producers, over 60 orchard and food booths selling Bayfield’s apples, apple delicacies, and festival food favorites! There is plenty to buy and see at the 140 art, craft and vendor booths. Kids carnival rides and games, an apple peeling contest, fish fry & dance round out the offerings.
You can also catch Big Top Chautauqua’s Blue Canvas Orchestra perform throughout the weekend on the Grandstand stage. The festival culminates with the Grand Parade on Sunday, which features a 400 member “Mass Band” finale.
Bayfield is located along Highway 13 on the shores of Lake Superior, about 15 minutes north of U.S. 2. U.S. 63 brings you towards Bayfield from the Hayward, Spooner, and Twin Cities areas; U.S. 51 north through the North Woods sends you toward U.S. 2 for the connection to Bayfield, too. Enjoy the fall colors on your ride!
Bayfield Apple Festival Address:
Downtown Bayfield & Memorial Park
42 South Broad Street
Bayfield, WI 54814
Read about additional “things to know” below!
More Bayfield Apple Festival features and things to know:
- Over 60 orchard and food booths selling Bayfield’s apples and apple desserts and delicacies; Caramel apples, apple pies, apple tortes, dumplings or tarts, apple sundaes, apple cider, bags and bushels of apples – even apple bratwurst, mustard, and butter.
- A kids’ carnival with games, rides and favorite foods.
- Plenty to buy and see including nearly 140 arts and crafts booths.
- Pipes and Drums of Thunder Bay wake up concert at Port Superior Marina, Saturday at 10am
- Fine art exhibitors on South Second Street, featuring pottery, paintings, glassworks, photography, wood crafts and fiber arts.
- A Grand Parade on Sunday featuring a 400+ member “Mass Band” finale
- Big Top Chautauqua’s Blue Canvas Orchestra will perform throughout the weekend on the Essentia Health Grand Stand stage. Hear the original Apple Festival song!
- The annual Apple Dumpling Gang for the little ones. Click here for Registration Form.
- Bus shuttles for easy parking at Hauser’s Superior View Farm and Legendary Waters Casino.
- Bayfield Fire Department offers a traditional fish fry dinner on Saturday afternoon at Lakeside Pavilion followed by a Saturday evening dance.
- Boat cruises of the Apostle Islands National Lakeshore.
- Musical entertainment at many local pubs and Legendary Waters Resort & Casino
- Drive 5 minutes outside of town and tour the 15 local orchards and farms, many with pick-your-own apples and pumpkins.