In the heart of downtown Waunakee, the Lone Girl Brewing Company opened in a renovated building in 2015 along Highways 19 & 113 at the railroad crossing. The historic railroad depot lies literally across the tracks. They have a good restaurant and bar inside their large Tap Room, and even a rooftop deck so you can enjoy your brew above the fray on nice days. Evenings, too – they sometimes have live music or show movies or games up there.
Lone Girl’s craft brews include:
- SpeaKEEasy Light Light Ale, a pale straw-colored ale with an aroma eliciting a sweetcorn. It’s a good choice for a lighter, crisp- and clean-drinking beer.
- Summer Lovin’ Wheat/Fruit beer, a mango-infused wheat ale;
- Oktoberish Ale, a Märzen style Oktoberfest beer;
- Yes Please! East Coast Ale, a hazy golden beer with citrus flavors. Do they say “please” a lot on the east coast??;
- Nut Punch Peanut Butter Porter, not as painful as it sounds. And yes, it’s a porter infused with peanut butter;
- Surprise Threesome Belgian Trippel, a stronger beer (9.5% ABV) brewed as a trippel;
- Baby Got BAQ, a barrel-aged Quad at 10.5% ABV;
- Ham the Astrochimp, an Imperial IPA named after the first chimpanzee in space. It even includes Galaxy hops and a Mazomanie, Wisconsin-grown hop named Skyrocket;
- Sip & Slide, an herb and fruit beer;
- Double Trubbel, a Belgian Dubbel with pumpkin spice;
- Towhead, a Belgian Blonde ale with a honey-like presence, going from sweet to a dry finish;
- Off the Rails IPA, a golden beer with a creamy head, blending citrus hops and a malty sweetness. Hey, you’re right to the rails at Lone Girl!
Other brews rotate in and out, some are seasonal. Check their latest lineup on the Lone Girl Brewing website’s Brewery page.
The food menu is extensive, with numerous appetizers (carbo-load with their “KRĀZĒ Bread”, or try their beer-battered pickle spears, another fave of ours), burgers, sandwiches and soups, and some specialty entree and dessert selections.
Lone Girl Brewing Hours:
Monday: 5pm – midnight
Tuesday & Wednesday: 11am – midnight
Thursday – Sunday: 11am – 2am
Sunday – Wednesday until 9pm
Thursday – Saturday until 11pm
Lone Girl Brewing Company Address:
114 E. Main Street (Highways 19/113)
Waunakee, WI 53597