Door County Lighthouse Festival« Back to Events
Twice a year, the Door County Lighthouse Festival gives you a closer look at the beautiful lighthouses that mark the shores of the Door Peninsula. The spring edition this year is the weekend of June 9th – 11th; the fall will be September 29th – October 1st.
These fundraising Festival weekends include air, land-based, boat, and adventure tours that provide access to all 11 of the treasured lighthouses of Door County and 3 neighbors to the south in Kewaunee County. Many of the tour excursions are unique to the Lighthouse Festival weekends and provide visitors exclusive access to lighthouses not typically open to the public – Chambers Island, Plum Island and Sherwood Point Lighthouses. There are tours for all levels of activity and accessibility. Some tours involve hiking. Boat tours depart from a variety of locations around the Peninsula, including Sister Bay, Gills Rock and Baileys Harbor. A portion of each Lighthouse Festival tour ticket helps fund the Door County Maritime Museum & Lighthouse Preservation Society, Inc.
These are the Participating Locations, with their open hours during Spring and Fall Lighthouse Festivals. *Please note: If you are planning a self-guided experience, there may be an admission fee or requested donation.
- *Door County Maritime Museum, Sturgeon Bay: 9am-5pm, all weekend (S/F)
- *Death’s Door Maritime Museum, Gills Rock: 10am-5pm, all weekend (S/F)
- *Cana Island Lighthouse, Baileys Harbor: 10am-5pm, all weekend (S/F)
- Sherwood Point Lighthouse, Sturgeon Bay: 10am-4pm, Saturday/Sunday (S/F)
- USCG Canal Station, Sturgeon Bay: 10am-4pm, Saturday/Sunday (S/F)
- *Eagle Bluff Lighthouse, Peninsula State Park: 10am-4pm, all weekend (S/F)
- *Pottawatomie Lighthouse, Rock Island: 10am-4pm, Saturday/Sunday (S/F)
- *Baileys Harbor Range Lights, Baileys Harbor: 11am-2pm, all weekend (S/F)
- Algoma Pierhead Lighthouse, stop at Algoma Visitor Center: 10am-4pm, Saturday/Sunday (S/F)
- *Kewaunee Pierhead Lighthouse, Kewaunee: Friday: 10am-12pm; Sat/Sun: 10am-4pm (S/F)
- *Grassy Island Range Lights, Green Bay: 10am-5pm, all weekend (S/F)
Learn details and prices of the tours, and purchase tour tickets at: DoorCountyTickets.com