Sturgeon Bay’s Starboard Brewing Company opened in October 2014 and during its history has already created over 340 different brews. They brew on-site downtown along Third Street, the city’s main drag; the Tap Room is open five days a week for sampling, hanging out, and whatnot.
Primary beers at Starboard include:
- Admiral Klutz, an English-style IPA;
- Bradford Brown, a Northern English Brown Ale;
- Autumn Dusk, a Berliner Weisse fermented on tart cherries in a wine barrel;
- Winter Layup, a Dunkel Weizen with extra wheat;
- Spindrift, an Imperial Red IPA with High Alpha Hops
- Dentist Chair, an American Pale Ale that just got released for 2022
- Siren’s Cell, a Sour Saison that just got released for 2022
- Many, many others are available throughout the year, check here for the latest.
Guest brews from other (primarily) Wisconsin craft brewers also make the tap list, including a gluten-free option and Sprecher soda. Their Tap Room hours are 3 – 9 pm Wednesdays and Thursdays, noon – 9 pm on Fridays and Saturdays, and noon – 6 pm on Sundays. As you might guess from this, they’re closed Mondays and Tuesdays.
You can pair the available beers with a variety of select Wisconsin cheeses, smoked salmon, and other tasty foods.
You’ll find Starboard Brewing right along 3rd Avenue, Historic Highways 42 & 57 through downtown, in Sturgeon Bay. The traditional Steel Bridge (Michigan Street) or newer, 2008 bridge (Oregon Street) both provide easy access across the actual bay.
Starboard Brewing Company Address: