Manitowoc’s craft brewing scene grew in March of 2021 when the long-awaited Sabbatical Brewing Company opened its doors on the west side of the city. Located in a former mill, Sabbatical’s big slogan is #BreakForBeer, which you’ll see everywhere from the entrance to on their glassware.
Sabbatical notes on their website that “it’s difficult for new breweries to not succumb to the siren song of an old industrial building,” and they put a lot of effort into rehabbing the structure while keeping the aged bricks, wood, and metal intact while making a large, airy tap room with their full brewery in the back.
Along with their regular flight of five 5-oz beer taste, Sabbatical offers “The Hiatus,” an extended party flight that holds up to 24 beers… WOW!
Sabbatical brews a variety of styles, although they tend to focus on IPAs and fruited sours. At last check, beers they brew and offer include:
- Seeds of Fruition: Jimmy Jam, a fruited Sour
- Pen Jente, an American IPA
- Forbidden Fruit: Pineapple Plum, a Milkshake IPA
- Fuzzy Willis (whatch talkin’ ’bout?!?), a New England IPA
- Pinch Hitter Series: Batch #003, a Saison Farmhouse Ale
- Jukebox Lover, a sweet Milk Stout
- Tilly Cherry Lemonade, a Wheat beer
- STHU!, a New England IPA
- Never Change A Good Thing, an American Pale Ale
- Forget The Fruit, a Milkshake IPA
- Opa Pils, a German Pilsner
- Crane 38, a New England IPA
- Morning Commute, a Nitro-poured Coffee Stout
- Impetus, a Nitro-poured Double Milk Imperial
Sabbatical also creates a seltzer, using the hashtag #FizzWithBenefits, and ciders using the hashtag #RedefineTheOrchard (they’re big on hashtags.) The cider we checked out was called Blueberry UnKrustable, a sweet cider with – you guessed it – blueberries.
You’ll find Sabbatical Brewing Company on 29th Street in Manitowoc in what otherwise is a light industrial area abutting residential neighborhoods. It’s just a few blocks north of U.S. 151/Business 42. It’s less direct from U.S. 10/Highway 42 (Waldo Blvd), but the map below can guide you. Either way, it’s only minutes off I-43 via Exits 149 or 152.
Sabbatical Tap Room Hours:
Wednesday – Thursday, 4pm – 9pm
Friday – Saturday, Noon – 11pm
Sunday Noon – 6pm
Sabbatical Brewing Company Address:
835 S. 29th Street
Manitowoc, WI 54220
Back to StateTrunkTour.com