Stevens Point has long been known as a brewing town, with Point Brewery there since 1873. More recently – 2019, to be specific – District 1 Brewing Company added their craft brews to the Stevens Point brewery scene and added to the offerings of the Central Wisconsin Craft Collective. District 1 is located right by the UW-Stevens Point campus in a very large space – one that once held a Red Owl grocery store, a furniture store, and more.
The space regularly hosts live music and tons of games and events – and it’s big enough where even if you don’t want to focus on music or games you’ll have an area to just hang with friends and/or focus on the beverages.
District 1 offers up a wide variety of beers, plus a seltzer or two. Their huge bar area has over 25 taps which also include other craft brewery options that rotate on a regular basis. They have several flagship beers and many that are seasonals that rotate; most have names that tie into the community in one form or another.
Flagship beers at District 1 Brewing Company include:
- Pointer: Then and Now Lager
- Boy With the Boot American Pale Wheat
- Red Owl Amber (named after the Red Owl store that once occupied the space)
- Stellen Light Wheat
- Kevehefewinsteweizen (we don’t know how to pronounce it either) Wheat
- Crazy Daze IPA
- Eight Ender Scotch Ale
Other brews include:
- Wedgehead Wheat
- Section 715 Red Ale
- Blue Red Blueberry Shandy
- Wunder und Funke Altbier
- Congruence IPA (they have a series of these)
- Be the Mission Coffee Stout
- French Toast Milk Sweet Stout
- SISU, a Russian Imperial Stout
- Apple Pie Sour
- and a hard seltzer called Wonderful Water, named after Stevens Point’s moniker as the “City of Wonderful Water”
- plus a March 2022 release, the Sweeney Todd – an English Dark Mild
They also carry a wide variety of other Wisconsin craft brews and a good selection on non-alcoholic options – there is definitely something for everyone.
You’ll find District 1 Brewing on the north side of Stevens Point by the UW-Stevens Point campus along Business U.S. 51, the traditional old U.S. 51 mainline. Locally, it’s also known as Division Street. It’s about two miles north of downtown and Highway 66 and one mile south of I-39/U.S. 10/U.S. 51. Easy access and a huge space for enjoying craft beverages!
District 1 Brewing Company Address:
200 Division Street (Business U.S. 51), Suite G
Stevens Point, WI 54481
Back to StateTrunkTour.com