Nicolet Bank Tall Ships Parade of Sail Salute, Sturgeon Bay« Back to Events
Sturgeon Bay welcomes an amazing fleet of tall ships as part of the TALL SHIPS CHALLENGE® Great Lakes 2019 Race Series, making this Tall Ships Sturgeon Bay. On their way back from Green Bay’s festival over the weekend, Sturgeon Bay will be home to these majestic vessels Monday, July 29 and the morning of Tuesday, July 30 as part of Nicolet Bank Tall Ships®, offering a wide variety of entertainment and experiences.
These nine ships will muster by Sherwood Point and then come in under sail tentatively between 3pm and 5pm on Monday, July 29. The ships that are partaking in the Tall Ship Challenge will depart approximately 8am Tuesday morning, July 30. They will sail to Algoma for the start and they will race from there to Kenosha.
Refreshments by the Sturgeon Bay Visitors & Convention Bureau and food by Scats Got Your Tongue will be available at Graham Park Monday evening! Transportation by Door County Trolley will be making the rounds and have stops at the following locations:
- Stone Harbor Public Boardwalk (1st and Kentucky)
- Corner Cafe (3rd and Louisiana)
- CenterPointe Yacht Services (1st Avenue)
- Graham Park (1st Avenue and Oregon)
- Sawyer Park (Oregon Street Bridge and Neenah Avenue)
- Door County Maritime Museum (Michigan and Madison Avenue)
Tall Ships Sturgeon Bay Schedule of Events includes:
Monday, July 29th:
- 3pm Graham Park SBVC Wine & Beer Tent w/Scat’s Got Your Tongue Food Truck featuring Chef Rob and his special Tall Ship creations.
- 3pm Graham Park PATH Cookout (brats & hot dogs)
- 4pm Ships expected to sail into the bay of Sturgeon Bay (3 groups)
- 4pm Sawyer Park SB Police Cadet cookout (brats, burgers, hot dogs) along with Coastie the Tugboat and US Coast Guard Auxiliary Water Safety Education
- 4pm Stone Harbor Music & Food on the waterfront patio
- 5pm Throughout Sturgeon Bay Docks Dockside Docents available to share the history of each Tall Ship
Throughout the afternoon/evening Kayak tours, Segway tours, private sail tours, sunset cruises, and the Swans of Sturgeon Bay paddleboats. Please contact the SBVC at (920) 743-6246 for specific information on tour opportunities.
Tuesday, July 30th:
- 6-9am CenterPointe Yacht Services (222 1st Avenue) All-you-can-eat breakfast featuring pancakes, pork patties, scrambled eggs, and more! $10 to benefit the Boys & Girls Club of Door County.
- 7-10am Graham Park SBVC Cherry Mimosa to cheer the ships departure.
- 8am Sturgeon Bay Yacht Club Sail training foundation demonstration
- 8 am Morning Colors at the US Coast Guard Station
- 8 am Door County Maritime Museum opens early for indoor viewing (with paid admission)
Tall Ships Sturgeon Bay Address:
Ships will muster around Sherwood Point (map below), and a close street address would be
Sherwood Point Lighthouse
Sturgeon Bay, WI 54235