Ice Castle Wonderland in Wisconsin Dells« Back to Events
Imagine an Ice Castle Wonderland in the already wondrous Wisconsin Dells, right next to the upside-down White House on the grounds as the World’s Largest Wooden Trojan Horse on the grounds of Mt Olympus Resort.
Well, you don’t need to imagine. Six days a week from January 12th through mid-March (weather permitting), a massive ice castle compound will be in that very spot, ready for exploration by the whole family. The artistic project began in October on the grounds of Mount Olympus Resort, one of five projects in North America by Ice Castles LLC, a Utah-based company with similar projects in New Hampshire, Minnesota, Utah, and Alberta, Canada. One of the most unique and amazing facts about the Ice Castles is that they are literally built by hand. They grow more than 5,000 icicles each day that we harvest and sculpt together.
In the Dells, the Ice Castle Wonderland features two 50-foot-long slides, a 35-foot tower, a fountain, and a domed room with a waterfall. You’ll also find tunnels, towers, trails, and even thrones lined with crushed ice and snow, all of which feature embedded light shows.
Some Tips (from their website) for a Great Experience:
- Wear Boots. The walking surface inside of the Ice Castles is made of crushed ice. Walking in boots is definitely best.
- Buy Tickets Before You Arrive. When you buy a ticket, you buy an arrival time. We ask that you arrive within your 30 minute time window. Once you are inside the castle you can stay as long as you’d like!
- Save some trees. When you buy your tickets online we’ll send you an email with a unique QR code, so there’s no need to print your tickets. We can scan the code right from your phone!
- Photos are encouraged (and they want to see them! #icecastles) but they ask that you please leave photography equipment such as tripods and lights at home. For information about commercial or specialized photo sessions please email them at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- It is HIGHLY recommended to bring a small sled to pull children instead of a stroller. It is extremely difficult to push the stroller through the castle (think of it like trying to push a stroller through a sandy beach).
Hours & Tickets:
Monday, Wednesday, Thursday: 3pm – 9pm (closed Tuesday)
Online Tickets: $9.95 ages 12 and up, $6.95 ages 4-11
Tickets at the Door: $15 ages 12 and up, $10 ages 4-11 Child (4-11): $10
Friday, 3pm – 10pm
Saturday, noon – 10pm
Sunday, noon – 9pm
Online Tickets: $12.95 ages 12 and up, $8.95 ages 4-11
Tickets at the Door: $18 ages 12 and up, $10 ages 4-11 Child (4-11): $12