Thumb Knuckle Brewing Company opened in Luxemburg (the town in Wisconsin, not the country) in March, 2017. They’re named for their geographic position in Wisconsin: in Kewaunee County, right where the Door Peninsula – the “Thumb” – of Wisconsin begins. But since it’s the “bottom” of the thumb, “Thumb Knuckle” became the inspiration. You can see it in the logo, too; a Wisconsin-shaped hand wrapping around a pint glass of craft beer. It definitely catches your eye as you drive by on Highway 54 just east of the Brown-Kewaunee County line.
Thumb Knuckle brews up a number of beers and sodas. Beers include:
- Heyder Helles, a Bavarian Helles style lager
- Belgian Beauty Wit, a Belgian-style Wit beer with plenty of citrus
- Gunmetal Porter, a rich and smoky, roasty-flavored porter
- Boat Load IPA, a Cascade aroma hoppy IPA using hops grown in nearby Algoma, just down Highway 54
- Red Beard Festbier, a traditional Märzen-style beer, great for Oktoberfest beer fans
- Solea Amber Ale, a lighter crisper beer named after the Walloon-Belgian word for “sun.”
The Tap Room offers pints and samplers of their beers and sodas, as well as a glimpse into their brewing facility on the premises. Samplers are offered in a cool cutout of Wisconsin. You can also imbibe in freshly cooked pizzas and snacks. Thumb Knuckle occasionally hosts small events and live music.
Wednesday: 4-8 pm
Thursday: 4-8 pm
Friday: 4-10 pm
Saturday: 12-10 pm
Sunday: 12-6 pm
You’ll find the Thumb Knuckle Brewery and its Tap Room right along Highway 54 just into Kewaunee County and just west of the village of Luxemburg. Nearby, you’ll find Luxemburg Speedway and Ron’s Wisconsin Cheese (a State Trunk Tour favorite.) To the east down Highway 54, Algoma offers shopping, Ahnapee Brewery, Von Steihl Winery, and a beautiful lakefront. To the west along Highway 54, Green Bay with all its amenities isn’t a very long drive, either!
Thumb Knuckle Brewing Company Address:
E0208 Wisconsin Highway 54
Luxemburg, WI 54217